Monday, March 9, 2009

I am a Graduate!

I finally graduated from Utah Hunters Education!!! I know most of you did it all when you were 14. So I am a few years late. I am also turning in my concealed weapons packet today so that I can protect myself and my family.

In our family we have had the conversation many times about owning guns and having guns in the house. I know that it isn’t the popular vote in society today to own guns, especially have them in your home. It scares me more to think of someone entering my home with a gun and not having one to protect my family.

There is a new law that they are trying to pass that would make it almost impossible to own a gun.

To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information.

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless: .It is registered

.You are fingerprinted

.You supply a current Driver's License

.You supply your Social Security #

.You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing

.Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.

.There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18.

They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison.

Here are a couple websites that tell about the law.

http://thomas..loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.45:

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/show

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-45

And lastly here is some funny statistics I came across. I have no websites to validate these statistics but I found them funny none the less.

Federal statistics show that doctors cause accidental deaths are a rate 9000 times greater than firearms. It's a fact.

Here are the actual numbers: Think about this:

a. The number of physicians in the US is 700,000.

b. Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year is 120,000.

c. Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171. (US Dept. of Health & Human Services)



Then think about this:

a. The number of gun owners in the US is 80,000,000.

b. The number of accidental gun deaths per year (all age groups) is 1,500.

c. The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .0000188.



Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.



FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR. Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this gets out of hand. As a public health measure I have withheld the statistics on lawyers for fear that the shock could cause people to seek medical attention.



OUTLAW DOCTORS before we're all dead!

No comments: